Why It’s Important To Have Video On Your Website
- How to use video to improve your Google ranking.
- Video production and promotion services. Click here.
Videos are popular. Most people now expect to see video on websites.
It’s very important to add videos to your websites for several reasons. Below are some of the benefits of providing video on your website:
Videos can educate, entertain, entice, provoke, or otherwise cause the viewer to experience emotion and then act.
- Videos are great for promotion.
- Videos can build trust.
- Video can demonstrate some products well.
- Video can provide good content.
- Video can make your website more personalized. They help you make a personal connections with prospective clients. It is the next best thing to meeting someone in person, and people FEEL like they’ve met you in person when they see you on video. Video can help create emotional appeal. Videos can increase sales because people like to do business with people they know, like and trust, and they get to know you better through your video.
- Videos are great for SEO.
- Create good quality videos that solves a problem.
Here are more reasons to have video on your site:
I read some interesting facts on a LinkedIn Groups but don’t remember who published this.
- The more humorous a video, the higher chance it has of going viral.
- CONVERSION: Adding video to a website makes your site 6 times more likely to convert a browser into a paying customer.
- 20% of visitors will read the majority of text on a website, 80% will watch the same information when presented in video.
- CONVERSION: A Visitor will stay on a site an average of 57 seconds if no video…will stay 6 minutes at a site with video.
- Catching the e-tail trend, 55% of online retailers used video on product pages in 2009 but this technique increased to 73% of retailers in 2010.
- When a video is present on a product page of LivingDirect.com, consumers spend 9% more time viewing the page compared to when no video is present.
- According to Internet Retailer, an April 2010 report stated that consumers who watch product videos are 85% more likely to buy products compared to those who do not watch.
- Internet Retailer released a study that found shoppers were 144% more likely to add a product to their cart after viewing a product video on StacksandStacks.com compared to shoppers who avoided video.
- In an August 2010 report from comScore, online retail shoppers who watch video spend about two minutes more on that site and are 64% more likely to buy compared to others.
- With social integration, retail sites that provide videos increase traffic and conversions to social media platforms by 30% according to the September 2010 L2 Specialty Retail Report.
- In-store sales increased 6% when Reckitt Benckiser provided online video for their consumer packaged goods.
- 46% of consumers who shop online regularly prefer shopping on retail sites providing product video compared to 30% of consumers who occasionally shop online.
- By properly implementing video to their sitemaps, Discovery Channel increased their video streams by 123%.
So, I think it’s very important for small businesses to add video to their websites.
- Up to 60 seconds video.
- Includes music selected by the video producer.
- You provide images/photos (6-10) and text. Number your images and text in the sequence you want. Your complete video can be text without images but you’ll get a nicer video when adding images.
If you want me to write the text, add $50.
If you want me to provide images, add $50.
- Include any text that you want to display. Think of the text as a headline you want for most of the images. You can also have one or more pages with up to 8 lines of text. Add space between text to indicate a new page.
- I suggest mentioning your business name, a headline or short blurb. Include a call to action, url and phone number for the last image.
- URL: If your video is hosted on a video sharing sites, make sure that you include your website address in the video itself. It’s not enough to just say it in the voiceover, but instead, show it throughout the video or at least at the beginning of your video and at the end. Indicate if you want your url to show throughout the video or just at the beginning and the end.
- Include a calls to action. Tell your viewers what you want them to do after watching your video. Examples of call to actions are “Visit MySite.com now. Or call 222-111-444. Or “Purchase our product now at MySite.com.”
- If you want voiceover, choose male or female professional created voiceover and provide a script. Video, including voiceover is $70.
Video submission service $50 - Click here to order
- Submitting your video to 30-35 video sharing sites.
- + Creating an RSS feed and submitting your Feed to 25-27 RSS directories.
- Submitting any videos you have to high PR video sharing sites can get you targeted traffic, high PR links and to increase your ranking. Video sharing sites receive a lot of targeted traffic.